Endurance: A Novel of Terror

Endurance: A Novel of Terror - Jack Kilborn, J.A. Konrath Hmmmmm, I am not sure what to say about this book other than it is not for the faint hearted. I love horror of all kinds and I have read other books by Jack Kilborn and loved them so when I came across this one on sale I had to jump on it.

Was it scary? I would say not really. Creepy more than scary. Creepy with that I better check under my bed going through your head even though you know you are being silly.

Was is gorey? HELL YES and then some. A little over the top even for me at times and good thing I didnt eat and read.

Characters you quickly come to love. I could close my eyes and put myself in their place and feel the fear they felt. There were the always present "dumb ass" moves that we all see in horror. WHY go up the road that is surrounded by woods and has no true road and lots of things telling you to turn around? Why, because that's what makes these books fun! Part of you is saying TURN AROUND DUMB ASS and the other part is saying GO, SEE WHAT'S THERE. Morbid curiosity? For me, yeah.

My next book by this author is going to be Trapped.