Behind Closed Doors - B. A. Paris

Here I sit wondering just what to say about this book.  I don't even know where to start.

Did I like it? Yes and no.  It was well written and flowed well so that make it easy to read and continue reading even when my gut was telling to to put it away.

The story is not a new one. It centers around the perfect couple. They are not perfect though are they?  The husband in a jerk and the wife is emotionally abused in ways that make me want to vomit!

I am not judging and one never knows why people do what they do, but a part of me did not find Grace to be believable.  I feel that she could have done more to get away from Jack instead of just rolling over.  But again, she had the added worry of her sister's safety tied into her actions.

The psychological abuse in this book in beyond horrific.  This man Jack was nothing but a monster and we never really find out why he is the way he is, what led him to do the things he did.  In my opinion it was abuse for the sake of abuse and nothing else.

Of course I loved Millie.  She was the only brightness that brought a smile throughout the entire book.  I would have liked to have had a little more information on how things went with her at the end.  I was not a fan of the ending due to lack of information but that is me.  I like a book to have a nice tidy ending and even though this one did, it really didn't.  Yeah, I know confusing.  I am still shaking my head thinking what did I just read and why????

Go ahead and give it a read if you like psychological thrillers but be prepared.  It is extremely disturbing.