The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox

The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox - Nina Burleigh I think I am in the minority with my feelings on this book. I did not love this book. I knew next to nothing about Amanda Knox and the horrible crime that she was found guilty of. Normally when you read a true crime book you learn so much more about the crime and the people involved. I did not find that to be the case with this book. I finished it not knowing anymore than I did when I started it.

The author did a lot of research and the book is filled with information but for me, it seemed like unnecessary information or redundant information. It told a lot about Italian history and Perugian history but it was too much. I would have liked to have had more detail on the crime and on Meredith and Amanda Knox. I came away feeling lost and confused.

I think the author did a good job of trying to show Amanda Knox as innocent and unfairly sentenced. That could be, but I didn't come away from the book feeling one way or the other.

If you are a true crime fan and familiar with the case it is worth reading. For one not so familiar with the case I don't know it this is the book to start with. As usual I say, read it yourself and then decide.