The Body Departed

The Body Departed - J.R. Rain James Blakely was murdered two years ago and ever since he has been a troubled spirit "haunting" the apartment building that he lived in. He gets to visit with his daughter at night while she is sleeping and he spirit is open to his. He is great friends with Pauline, the medium in the building who drinks a little too much, but who wouldn't dealing with the dead all day! James is convinced he is going to hell but maybe there is a way for him to change things around. Gotta read the book to find out how and if it works.

I fell in love with James from page one. He is a sweet guy who is confused in death. Watching him on his adventures is very heartwarming as are the scenes with his daughter. I think the author did a fantastic job in making you feel like you are right there. The characters are like your family and you find yourself routing for James throughout the book. There are surprises that all get tied together as the book goes on and the end will surely bring a tear to your eye and a smile to your face.

This was my first book by J.R. Rain but I am going in search of more. I would recommend The Body Departed to anyone who likes a nice ghost story along the lines of Ghost. It's a nice, easy read.