The Passage

The Passage  - Justin Cronin Well what can I say? I was very much looking forward to this book and fully expected to love it. It started out with a bang and pulled me right in. About halfway through it seemed like a whole different book started. This is where is got weird and confusing, at least for me. It reminded me of a cross between Stephen King's The Stand and Robert R. McCammon's Swan Song.

On a positive side I will say the charactors were very well developed and you quickly bond with them. For me it was Sister Lacey, the nun who first meets Amy Harper Bellefonte when she is dropped off by her mother at their convent. The pace is fast enough to keep your attention but again, I got lost in the chaos that started in the middle and lead to a disappointing ending.

I really wanted to like this book. I think it could have been over-hyped which is unfair, it makes it very hard for a book to live up to the pre-release fanfair.

Don't take my word for it, I didn't like The Stand either and I do think I am the only person who didn't. Pick it up, give it a read and let me know what you thought.