This Is Where I Leave You

This Is Where I Leave You - Jonathan Tropper The book open with the death of Mort Foxman. His dying wish was for his family to sit shiva for him even though they were never a religious family. The siblings come home and are all together for seven days, spending more time together then they have in years.

This is not your normal family. Judd Foxman, the main character is separated, his wife left him for his boss, his mother is an aging parenting expert, his sister Wendy is stuck in marriage with no emotion, his brother Paul and his wife are having infertility problems and Phillip the youngest who has never grown up shows up with his "cougar" girlfriend.

This was my first book by this author and won't be my last. I found it to be an easy and very enjoyable read. There were as many laugh out loud moments as there were touching moments. The characters could be from almost any of our families and for me, it was in some crazy dysfunctional way like looking into the mirror!

I would recommend This Is Where I Leave You to anyone who enjoys a good laugh and a good story. I look forward to reading the rest of Jonathan Tropper's books.